In a first blog post, there's a lot of pressure to establish the mood/theme/topic early on. Since you're probably a person who knows me, there's no raging need to introduce myself, but I figure a few basic facts about myself might not be a bad idea.
1) I'm a law student in Cleveland, Ohio. I just finished my first year, which is traditionally the key year for law school blogs. Don't expect this to be a law school blogs, as there are about 1000 of them that are all pretty entertaining. However, law school is a big part of my life, so expect me to talk about it from time to time.
2) I like on the West side of Cleveland with my roommate R.D. (not his real name. Or initials. I'm not even sure he's a real person.)
3) I play miniatures wargames, which involve painting lots of little lead and plastic soldiers, and then rolling dice to see which ones die. It's more fun than it sound, but exactly as dorky as it sounds.
4) I'm a music fan in the sense of "I like listening to music," not the "I go to concerts and seek out new bands and argue with the writers at Pitchfork" sense. If something sounds good, I'll listen to it.
There, that's a fun little cross section of my life. Knowing a little more about me, what can you expect from this blog? Probably not too much. I have a nasty habit of picking up projects and than dropping them when something more interesting comes along. However, assuming I post semi regularly, here are some things you can expect me to write about:
1) Law stuff, both from my classes and the news
2) Hot button issue stuff. I'm not a pundit, but I really want to be one some day. Of course, who doesn't?
3) War gaming news, personal hobby progress, comments about tournaments, etc.
4) Capsule reviews of bands/albums/songs that I like. Almost certainly not current, but about stuff that I have strong feelings about.
5) A distinct lack of whiny, existential stuff about my personal life. This is a blog, not therapy. So if you're eagerly anticipating a plunge into my tumultuous emotions, you may be disappointed.
One last thing: I'm being a bit coy, at least at first, with the whole anonymity in blogging thing. While I don't really plan on doing, much less writing about, anything that would be damaging to my or a friend's reputation, there is a bit of an advantage to a veneer of anonymity. While 100% of my 2 readers a month will probobly be friends and family, professors, employers, etc. are increasingly savvy about searching online for info about people, and I'd like at least plausible deniability. So, for those who know me, feel free to spread this, for those who don't, well, it's not that exciting a mystery.
Polonius
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment